Cedar Modified Warre Hive (Has Full Frames)
- FREE shipping within the contiguous 48 states!
- Not a kit! Except for the frames, this hive comes assembled; exactly as is shown in the second photo.
- A great hive you can't buy anywhere else.
- No need to paint anything! Painted hives trap moisture.
- All components are constructed using rabbet and/or dado joining for superior strength. Joints are glued liberally with Titebond III and then either stapled, or nailed with 7d galvanized nails. Handles are glued and stapled. We build the strongest, highest quality Warré hives on the market!
- The hive bodies are exactly the same as those of the Warré hive , except that the rebates have metal frame rests installed on them for easier frame removal and to prevent damage to parts from propolis adhesion.
- 16 quality frames have wedge top bars and grooved bottom bars. Frames are not assembled and come with easy-to-follow assembly instructions. Nails are included. Don't forget your brad driver! Need more help? Watch the video!
- Replacement frames are available.
- Foundation is not included. Hive can be set up with or without foundation. Foundation will prevent cross-combing and is recommended, especially for new beekeepers! If you want to do foundationless beekeeping, you can simply turn each frame's wedge cleat on its side, fasten it in place with the included brads in order to create a comb guide, and then coat each guide with beeswax to encourage the bees to follow them. You may also choose to wire your frames.
- 8 mesh floor for IPM (integrated pest management) varroa mite reduction and monitoring.
- Solid floor is available upon request at no additional cost (not recommended). If you wish, you may select "Solid Floor" from the drop-down menu above when ordering.
- Inside walls of hive bodies are rough sawn to promote propolis lining of the hive. This propolis has been proven to increase the colony's immunity to disease.
- Tops of handles are mitered at 10 degrees to promote water run-off.
- Fiberglass screen is provided to separate the quilt and top hive body, helping to minimize the propolizing of the natural canvas duck quilt bottom.
- Easily expanded by adding more hive bodies.
- Available accessories include a sticky board , hivetop feeder , bee escape board and more!
- You can upgrade this hive to Copper-Top!
*Learn more about this hive by clicking here .
Need help setting up your new hive? Watch the video!
We also have a modified Warre hive inspection video!