Cedar Warre Hive
- FREE shipping within the contiguous 48 states!
- Made from SFI certified sustainable red cedar.
- Not a kit! This hive comes assembled; exactly as is shown in the second photo. You need only to add the sawdust to the quilt box and then wax and install the 8 V-shaped, cedar top bars into the hive bodies. NOTE: We are the only company offering these bars in cedar. Similar top bars being sold elsewhere are made from pine. Easy to follow instructions are included and a very helpful video about hive preparation can be seen by clicking here!
- Made from red cedar, so there is no need to paint anything! Painted hives trap moisture.
- All components are constructed using rabbet and/or dado joining for superior strength. Joints are glued liberally with Titebond III and are then either stapled, or nailed with 7d galvanized nails. Handles are glued and stapled. We build the strongest, highest quality Warré hives on the market!
- 8 mesh floor for IPM (integrated pest management) varroa mite reduction and monitoring.
- Solid floor is available upon request at no additional cost (not recommended). If you wish, you may select "Solid Floor" from the drop-down menu above when ordering.
- Inside walls of hive bodies are rough sawn to promote propolis lining of the hive. This propolis has been proven to increase the colony's immunity to disease.
- Tops of handles are mitered at 10 degrees to promote water run-off.
- Fiberglass screen is provided to separate the quilt and top hive body, helping to minimize the propolizing of the natural canvas duck quilt bottom.
- Hive is easily expanded by adding more hive bodies.
- Available accessories include a sticky board , hivetop feeder , bee escape board and more!
- Replacement top bars are available.
- You can upgrade this hive to Copper-Top!
Need help setting up your new hive?