Hivetop Feeder for Square Hive
- Made from select clear cypress, these hivetop feeders work by placing them between the top hive body and quilt.
- Tight joining is glued with Titebond III waterproof glue and then stapled. Will not leak and will last a lifetime when properly prepped and cared for!
- Drowns a very minimal number of bees.
- Keeps sugar or honey syrup warmer during cold weather than do other feeders.
- Helps to prevent robbing of feed by other bees or insects.
- Can be filled at any time without using smoke or veil because the bees are behind the 8 mesh screen.
- Unlike jar feeders, which can only feed a few bees at a time, this feeder can feed many hundreds of bees at the same time, to greatly enhance hive productivity. Feed can be taken at least 20 times faster!
- Bee space under the entire feeder allows the bees to quickly move feed to anywhere in the hive, and also prevents propolizing of the feeder to the top bars.
- Holds approximately one gallon of syrup.
- Purchase a pint of Honey B Healthy to stimulate feeding!
- Learn all about our hivetop feeders and how to prep them by clicking here!
Shipping is FREE within the contiguous 48 states on orders of $99.00 or more!