Warre Inspired Cedar Octagonal Hive
- Hives without movable frames may or may not comply with state/local laws. Check requirements in your area by calling your state apiary inspector prior to ordering!
- Our octagonal hive closely simulates a tree cavity; a bee colony's natural environment. We are the only U.S. company manufacturing an octagonal beehive!
- Comes mostly assembled; exactly as is shown in the
second photo from the left. You need only to add the cedar sawdust to
the quilt box, install the comb guides into the grooves of the top bars
and coat them with wax, and then install the top bars into the hive
bodies using the provided brads. Easy to follow instructions are included and a very helpful
video about hive preparation can seen by clicking here!
- Nearly cylindrical design helps bees stay warm and dry.
- Exterior surfaces of the hive bodies and the roof are sanded smooth.
- No need to paint anything! Painted hives trap moisture.
- Hive bodies have the same inside diameter (300mm) and depth (210mm) as standard Warré hive bodies.
- All joints are glued liberally with Titebond III and then stapled.
- 8 mesh floor for IPM (integrated pest management) varroa mite reduction and monitoring.
- Solid floor is available upon request at no additional cost (not recommended). If you wish, you may select "Solid Floor" from the drop-down menu when ordering.
- Inside walls of hive bodies are rough sawn to promote propolis lining of the hive. This propolis has been proven to increase the colony's immunity to disease and will not impair hive management.
- Fiberglass screen is provided to separate the quilt and top hive body to help minimize propolizing of the natural canvas duck quilt bottom.
- Easily expanded by adding more hive bodies.
- Available accessories include a sticky board, hivetop feeder , bee escape board and more!
- Replacement top bars are available.
- Upgrade this hive to Copper-Top!
FREE shipping within the contiguous 48 states!
Need help setting up your new hive? Watch the video!